1. How are Code For Palestine students selected?
Code For Palestine students are carefully selected from Palestinian secondary schools in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The selection process includes multiple stages-a written exam which tests the applicants level of English, general knowledge, motivation and a personal interview.
The program does not require prior knowledge in computer programming.
2. How much does it cost to be participant at Code For Palestine?
Upon acceptance, and after committing to participation, Code For Palestine students receive a full scholarship which covers all costs of the program, including tuition, teaching materials, transportation and food .
The students are not expected to pay for any of the Code For Palestine activities.
3. What are the requirements for applying to Code For Palestine ?
* To be aged between 14 -15 years old or have completed the 9th grade.
* Have a high level of spoken and written English
* Student who enjoy computers and understand the important role technology can play in our world
* Need to be highly motivated and committed to gaining skills, knowledge and utilizing these qualities to make a difference in their communities and in the world around them.
4. What will I get out of my experience in Code For Palestine?
Code For Palestine provides students a rare opportunity and an experience of a lifetime. It allows you to learn at the highest level with experienced teachers from global accredited universities. It provides you with high level of computer science, leadership skills and design thinking.
Code For Palestine gives you access to the world of high tech, business and leadership all in a positive, safe and enriching environment. Through Code For Palestine you will learn from and have personal access to top business and academic leaders. Most importantly, by participating in Code For Palestine you will encounter top students from all over Palestine, young leaders like yourself who you may one day partner up with to change your community and the world.